KOWALSKI CABIN Q&A
Please read this before you ask questions or book the cabin.
|The beautiful Flathead River|
Q: Where is it?
A: In a Christian campground in western Montana, near Whitefish, Kalispell, and Glacier National Park
Q: What are the accommodations?
A: Spread out and enjoy!
· 2 gathering rooms. Downstairs: living / dining / full kitchen. Upstairs: big family-reading-games room, with lots of old-fashioned books, toys, and games
· Bedrooms: 3 queen (2 up, 1 down. One master upstairs is off limits until the other two are full), 1 office (bedroom option: cot in upper closet), 2 upper bunkrooms with 4 beds each, 2 double futons in family room. Towels and sheets provided
· 2 bathrooms (with showers) plus an extra sink in the upper master closet. (This bedroom is off limits until the other rooms are full.)
· You need a portable ramp to the porch to make the first floor “almost” disability accessible. (A tiled step contains shower water in the bathrooms.)
· Full laundry, big laundry sink under laundry chute from upstairs
Q: How many can sleep in the cabin?
A: 19: 3 queen beds, 8 bunks, a cot, and 2 double daybeds
Q: What is the condition of the cabin?
A: Shoes off inside, please! (Use the big back hall for shoe storage and the porch or back entry for coming in with really dirty boots or shoes.)
It should be clean and hotel-ready when you come and undamaged when you leave. The furnishings and appliances are in good condition and we expect it to be left the same way.
We’ve taken great care of our family getaway; we’d love if you do, too. THANKS!
Let us know ASAP if there is damage by someone before you or by you/your group.
Q: Are there restrictions?
A: This is a Christian campground.
· Smoking, drugs, and drinking are prohibited on the grounds (including by the river)
· Any and all pets are forbidden by the owner (in the cabin or on the property)
********NOTE: If hosts or their guests smoke, drink alcohol, do drugs, or bring a pet(s), a $500 donation to the camp will be charged to your credit card. No exceptions.******
Q: What is the cost?
A: $100 / night or $500 / week.
Your booking deposit of $150 includes a $25 camp fee, a $25 inspection fee, cleaning, and damages (unless they are more substantial than $100). A refund of up to $100 is returned if there is no damage and the cabin is left hotel-ready for the next guests.
Q: Recreation options? What can we do nearby?
A: You’ll love the many tourist options within walking and driving distance, including:
Wild Things: Check out Hungry Horse Dam. Drive through Glacier Park on the Going to the Sun Road. Explore. Hike. Swim. Boat. Fish (walk 2 blocks to Flathead River).
Kid Things: theme parks with a maze, bumper boats, etc, waterslides, kid-friendly beaches, etc. within 10 miles
Adult Things: Lots of restaurants and coffee shops are a short drive away, along with historical sites. Trendy Whitefish is about 20 minutes away. Take a helicopter tour of Glacier and surroundings. There’s a tax-free Costco in Kallispell, about 20 minutes away, if you need to stock up on groceries.
A day’s outing: Go into Glacier Park. Spend a day on Flathead Lake or Whitefish Lake. Hike Whitefish mountain or take the ski lift up and walk down. Drive through or around the park and have tea in the Prince Edward Hotel, Waterton, Canada (2-3 hours away).
Q: Is there a cabin manual for more information?
A: Yes. Guests are responsible for information in the manual. We’ll send the link to “easy basics” when you book. A hard copy is in the cabin, too.
Q: Anything else that might interest us?
A: Check-out: noon. Check-in: 4pm
Power: the camp limits total electrical strength per cabin. If you blow a fuse, the cabin manual will help you put the lights back on.
Water: tap water is fabulous natural glacier water. (Tested for purity, minerals, etc. by government agency.)
· Limit showers to 4-5 minutes to share water with your guests and others in the campsite.
Linens: sheets and towels provided
Kitchen appliances: fridge, stove, microwave, popcorn maker, coffee maker, toaster, etc.
CONTACT INFO AND BOOKING: firstname.lastname@example.org
CALENDAR: the family sometimes goes up between bookings, but check for openings: this will be updated soon.